Hundreds of people were forced to evacuate their homes in six more Andalusian towns and villages on Sunday due to the wildfire in Spain.
This came as Spain sent in military backup to tackle a wildfire which continued to rage close to a popular Costa del Sol resort.
Nearly 2,000 people left their homes so far, while one emergency worker died since the fire erupted on Wednesday.
“We will work in coordination and without rest in the face of the fire that is devastating the province of Malaga,” said prime minister Pedro Sanchez on Twitter.
He announced the deployment of the Military Emergency Unit to help firefighters tackle the blaze.
365 firefighters, supported by 41 aircraft and 25 vehicles, have participated in the operations to put out the fire.
“Ground firefighters are working intensively in harsh conditions trying to stop the advancing flames,”Andalusia’s regional forest fire agency said.
Meanwhile, social media users have widely shared footage of firefighters trying to control flames raging.
Local authorities in Spain said on Tuesday the wildfire in northwestern Spain in Galicia was a deliberate arson.
The fire burned across 1000 hectares (2500 acres) of forest land, authorities added.
The fire near Ribas de Sil town started on Monday afternoon and blasted huge columns of smoke in the air, causing road and train lines blocks.
Manuel Rodriguez, the regional environment chief, said in a news conference that the fire was evidently “intentional.”
“Investigators have identified various points that ignited simultaneously… Whoever did this knew perfectly well it would cause a lot of damage,” he added.
“You can’t explain this… It’s difficult to put yourself in the head of someone who would want to do this,” he continued.
The authorities have warned residents of Rairos village as it is in the way of the fire.
However, they said no houses are in danger for now.